Keep Calm and use an Aroma Diffuser
My mother introduced me to essential oils about five years ago, and I've been addicted ever since! I have three diffusers in my house: one in the living room, our bedroom, and one in the nursery. So, it was only right that I find a portable one to have at work! Having a diffuser has its perks; it helps purifies the air, and spreads scent quickly throughout the room
I just purchase an Aroma Essence for under $10.00( Marshall), you can use batteries (2 AA batteries) or the USB that's included. I opt to use batteries just because I want the flexibility to place my Aroma Essence anywhere on my desk. Here's a SpaRoom Aromafier Portable, for the same price on Amazon.
In the picture above you will notice that I use Nature’s Remedy blend kit, but you can use any essential oils you choose alone or blended. But the key to aromatherapy is synergy which the combination of a variety of essential oils that create a more powerful effect than the oils would have on their own:
· Protect: is good to use during Flu Season.
o Ingredients: cinnamon, lemon, clove bud, lime, eucalyptus (one of my favs to use alone), rosemary, peppermint, spearmint, and origanum.
· Uplift: boss got you down? A nice remainder that you’re still the s#!t.
o Ingredients: lime, cedarwood, lavender (another fav!!), copaiba, and benzoin.
· Calm: frustration getting the best of you? This is the perfect blend to relax you.
o Ingredients: orange, lavender, cedarwood, pine needle, patchouli, ylang-ylang.
· Refresh: use it on hump day, to help you push through the rest of the week or on a Friday to prepare for the weekend.
o Ingredients: orange, bergamot, lime, grapefruit, tangerine, and spearmint.
· Invigorate: a perfect way to get your work week started!
o Ingredients: grapefruit, lemon, ginger, peppermint, and cinnamon.
Including aromatherapy to your everyday life routine, has some great benefits. Below I listed a few, that I know that I benefited from:
· Stress Relief: The aromatic compounds from many different essential oils are known to can help soothe your mind and eliminate anxiety. I enjoy using lavender, peppermint, and lemon when I just want to relax and some days I add vanilla extract.
· Boost Energy Levels: Now who doesn’t need a little more energy? I know every morning, I need a little boost during the work week (SN:for some strange reason on the weekends I wake up with no fight LOL). However, I got tired of depending on caffeine to get me going, so I started considering essential oils that can do just the same that caffeine does but with a better holistic approach. Which is why I’m enjoying my Invigorate oil blend(grapefruit, lemon, ginger, peppermint, and cinnamon.).
· Headaches: I suffer for tension headaches, and that’s why I must keep my #faith in my God, that "WE gon' be alright" (in my Kendrick Lamar voice)!! Along with keeping my faith from these stress headaches, I bring on myself some days. I thoroughly rely on my essential oils before popping any pills and let me just say the oils do it every time! I put either eucalyptus or peppermint in my diffuser, and sometimes I put a few drops on a warm towel and place it either on my forehead or the back of my neck.
· Sleep Aid: Some nights, my dreams and aspirations just keep me up all night!! I know I’m not by myself on that one, but in other to take over the world a girl needs her beauty rest (OKKAYYY), and that’s why when my imagination is running wild, and I need to get up early the following morning for things like work. I grab my lavender, chamomile or my Sweet Dream (oil blend to help me catch up on some zzzzs.
** FYI, please make sure you do not have any allergies to oils, as they can either alleviate your allergies (like me) or trigger them: